How to Apply
The deadline for the EOP application is March 1, 2017
To apply for the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP), you must first apply to Cal Poly using the online CSU Undergraduate Admissions Application available at the CSUMentor web site. Then apply for EOP services by completing the online EOP application and recommendation form. Students applying for EOP services are also required to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Step 1: Apply for admission to Cal Poly
- Apply for admission electronically at www.csumentor.edu.
- Be sure to mark "Yes" on the CSU Application to apply for EOP services.
- Use the EOP link to access the EOP application and submit.
Step 2: Apply to the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
You are encouraged to read the EOP Information on CSU Mentor. Submit the online EOP Application. Included in the application process is an online EOP Recommendation Form. This is an opportunity to have a counselor, teacher, community member, employer, or any individual who can comment about your potential to succeed in college. This form should NOT be completed by a family member or by the EOP applicant.
- Submit the online EOP Application (no fee required) prior to March 1, 2017.
- Provide the email address of a counselor, teacher, community member, or employer for the online EOP Recommendation Form.
- Proof of income may be required. Do not submit any documentation unless requested.
Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid 2017-2018 at Cal Poly
In order to best prepare to fill out the FAFSA, we suggest you review the FAFSA Overview site.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2017-2018 between January 1 and March 2, 2017 for priority consideration.
- Don't forget to list the Cal Poly code 001143 on your FAFSA.
- ALL EOP Applicants must file the 2017-2018 FAFSA!
- Application for Financial Aid is a separate process from the EOP and general admission process.
Step 4: Take the CSU EPT/ELM Placement Tests
If you have not taken a college level English and/or Math class, you are required to take the English Placement Test (EPT) and/or the Entry Level Math (ELM) test.
- For more information about these tests, visit http://www.ets.org/csu/about.
- All 23 CSU campuses administer the EPT and the ELM. For test dates refer to the information at https://ept-elm.ets.org/CSU/pages/student/login/StudentLogin.jsf.
If you have any questions, please call our office at 805-756-2301.