- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- First-generation college-bound student
- Student must attend a participating high school where ETS services are provided
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or above
- Between the ages of 11-27
- Family meets low-income guidelines* (see chart below)
*Two-thirds of ETS participants must meet low-income guidelines.
Federal TRIO Programs 2017 Annual Low Income Levels
(Effective January 2017 Until Further Notice)
|Size of Family Unit||Income*|
*Listed income is for the 48 Contiguous States. Please contact advisor for Alaska and Hawaii low income levels.
For family units with more than 8 members, add the following amount for each additional family member: $6,270.
The term "low-income individual" means an individual whose family's taxable income for the preceding year did not exceed 150% of the poverty level amount.