If I participate in ETS, do I have to go to Cal Poly?
While the ETS staff are employed through Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, the program is not used as a recruitment tool for the college. Rather, participants receive assistance in applying to any college, university or other qualified institution of post-secondary education.
What is the cost for these services?
All services provided by ETS are absolutely free.
Is Talent Search for academically gifted students?
No, Talent Search is not specifically for academically gifted students. The students in our program have a wide range of abilities. Some are academically at risk, while others are on the college prep or honors track.
Who is eligible?
Students in a participating school that are:
- US Citizen and/or Permanent Resident
- First-generation college-bound student
- Attain/have Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or above
- Submit a completed ETS application
- Between the ages or 11-27
- meets low-income guidelines (see chart)
*Two-thirds of ETS participants must meet low-income guidelines.