If I participate in ETS, do I have to go to Cal Poly?
While the ETS staff are employed through Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, the program is not used as a recruitment tool for the college. Rather, participants receive assistance in applying to any college, university or other qualified institution of post-secondary education.
What is the cost for these services?
All services provided by ETS are absolutely free.
Is Talent Search for academically gifted students?
No, Talent Search is not specifically for academically gifted students. The students in our program have a wide range of abilities. Some are academically at risk, while others are on the college prep or honors track.
Who is eligible?
- attend one of our program's participating schools*
- are a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident, or can show documentation of actively progressing towards Permanent Residency
- may be the first in their family to attend college
- have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or above
- submit a completed ETS application
- are between the ages of 11-27
- meet certain federal income guidelines
*Participating schools include: McKenzie Junior High, Fesler Junior High, Mesa Middle School, Santa Maria High School, Pioneer Valley High School, Ernest Righetti High School, and Nipomo High School.