The CP Scholars program offers academic workshops to build skills for college success and to support students to navigate university policies. By partnering with the Mustang Success Center and the advising centers in each academic College and department, the CP Scholars program offers students a powerful support network.
Some examples of workshop events and support services include:
- Workshops to teach using the Poly portal, Poly Planner and P.A.S.S., as well as tips for course registration.
- Financial Aid workshops to support students in completing annual FAFSA paperwork.
- Presentations about Study Abroad, service opportunities, and transfer credit requirements.
- Support identifying additional university and academic services, including advising centers, the university library, tutoring opportunities, and supplemental workshops
- Regular communication and updates around university policies and upcoming deadlines.
In addition to group workshops and services, the CP Scholars program also provides students with a team of advisors who are available for one-on-one support. The core team of advisors works with students through each year of study at Cal Poly, so that students can develop a relationship with a consistent advisor who is familiar with their learning needs and long term goals.