Cal Poly's Summer Institute (SI) is an academic orientation program held annually for newly admitted freshmen. Through SI, you will have the opportunity to participate in a three-week residential program geared at helping you make a successful transition from high school to college. This year's program is scheduled for July 30 through August 23, 2016.
Summer Institute will provide you with a mini-quarter of academic and social activities which will undoubtedly put you on the right track for a successful transition to Cal Poly. Whether you are interested in Summer Institute for personal or academic reasons, we are certain that you will benefit from this experience. Summer institute will offer you:
- Six units of courses, which will put you a step ahead of the game for Fall.
- A chance to challenge yourself and complete General Psychology (satisfies a GE requirement) with an interesting and supportive university professor, in three-weeks instead of ten (don't worry, Summer Institute will provide you with the support you'll need to excel in this class).
- An opportunity to become familiar with campus facilities and services.
- Participation in social activities.
- An opportunity to meet and network with academic advisors, faculty, and students in your field of study.
- An opportunity to strengthen study skills which will help you realign your current study habits to meet college level demands.
- An on-campus living experience.
- A chance to get to know the SLO area before Fall comes around.
Summer Institute Schedules:
Hillcrest, Bldg 81
California Polytechnic State University
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407