Each year, Student Support Services selects participants to receive a grant award up to $700 during their first year at Cal Poly. The award amount varies depending on a number of factors, including the "Unmet Need" in the applicant's financial aid package as well as the amount of loans a student may have been offered.
To be eligible for an SSS scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Current SSS student
- An SSS participant for at least one quarter prior to applying for a scholarship
- Full-time student, 12 units per quarter
- Good academic standing (2.6 and over) in the quarter
- Good program standing (2 appointments with SSS Advisor/Peer Mentor)
- Eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant
- Have a minimum unmet need of $1,000
- Attend 4-6 SSS workshops, special events, and/or Student Academic Services events as recommended by SSS staff
Applications for the 2016-2017 Grant Award will be available to eligible students after program selection.