- Students must be a US citizen or legal resident.
- Students must be in the 8th, 9th, 10th, or 11th grade in any of our outreach schools.
- Neither parent has a four year college degree.
- Student must meet current US Department of Education family income guidelines (low income).
Federal TRIO Programs 2014 Annual Low Income Levels Size of Family Unit Income* 1 $17,655 2 $23,895 3 $30,135 4 $36,375 5 $42,615 6 $48,855 7 $55,095 8 $61,335
*Listed income is for the 48 Contiguous States. Please contact advisor for Alaska and Hawaii low income levels.
For family units with more than 8 members, add the following amount for each additional family member: $6,240.
The term "low-income individual" means an individual whose family's taxable income for the preceding year did not exceed 150% of the poverty level amount.
- Students must have a sincere desire to improve their grades and be willing to work hard.
- Students must give 100% to school (no discounts).
- Students must be willing to stay in Upward Bound through high school graduation.
For more information contact:
Student Academic Services
California Polytechnic State University
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407