- Students must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
- Students must be in or entering into 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade in any of our outreach schools.
- All students must be either from low-income families and/or potential 1st generation college students.
- Students should display a sincere desire to dedicate time and effort toward achieving their academic goals.
- Federal TRIO programs 2017 annual low income levels.
Size of Family Unit Income* 1 $18,090 2 $24,360 3 $30,630 4 $36,900 5 $43,170 6 $49,440 7 $55,710 8 $61,980
*Listed income is for the 48 Contiguous States. Please contact advisor for Alaska and Hawaii low income levels.
For family units with more than 8 members, add the following amount for each additional family member: $6,270.
The term "low-income individual" means an individual whose family's taxable income for the preceding year did not exceed 150% of the poverty level amount.
For more information contact:
Student Academic Services
California Polytechnic State University
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407